Seamless Summer Feeding Program (free weekday lunches)
- Seamless Summer Feeding Program (free weekday lunches)
The San Lorenzo Unified School District this summer is continuing to provide free weekday hot lunches for students and qualifying adults within the communities it serves.
As in years past, SLZUSD offers meals to children 18 and under and adults with have a disability who are enrolled in a district program. Free meals are available starting June 14 at Arroyo High School, Edendale Middle School and Hesperian elementary schools and June 20 at Colonial Acres Elementary School. Summer meals began June 12 at San Lorenzo Public Library,
The meals are intended to be eaten at the various sites, during specific 15- to 60-minute time frames within the 11 a.m.-1 p.m. period. Because of holidays, no meals will be served on June 19 and July 3-4.
The Seamless Summer Feeding Program seeks to ensure that families can access nutritious and nourishing meals even if their children are not participating in summer programs that include a free lunch, said Christine Wagner, assistant director of child nutrition.
Like surrounding school districts, SLZUSD funds the summer meals program with support from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and California Department of Education.
The date range and meal times for each site are as follows:
- Arroyo High School, 15701 Lorenzo Ave., San Lorenzo, 12:10-12:30 p.m., through July 14.
- Hesperian Elementary, 620 Drew St., San Lorenzo, 12-12:20 p.m., through July 14.
- Edendale Middle School, 16160 Ashland Ave., San Lorenzo, 11-11:20 a.m., through July 27.
- Colonial Acres Elementary, 17115 Meekland Ave., San Lorenzo, 11:45 a.m.-12 p.m., June 20-July 21.
- San Lorenzo Public Library, 395 Paseo Grande, San Lorenzo, 12-1 p.m., Monday-Thursday through July 27.